Saturday, September 20, 2003

Wentworth Falls

Up at 7:45, because I had to catch the 9:15 shuttle to Wentworth Falls. Showered, had breakfast, made a couple of sandwiches for lunch, then walked up to the bus stop and got the shuttle to Wentworth Falls (the town).

Hiked to Wentworth Falls (the waterfall), an absolutely huge (as in height) falls, essentially broken by a ledge half way down, making an upper and lower falls. Best falls I've seen here. Also saw Weeping Rock, Queens Cascades and Rocket Point Lookout, then followed the Wentworth Pass along the valley floor. Had to take Slacks Stairs to get down to Wentworth Pass, a series of stairs, although ladders would be a more appropriate term.

Hiked along the bottom of the ridge, then turned down the Vera Falls trail, and saw a sign posted that said the Vera Falls trail is "rough and indistinct", and not to continue unless acoompanied by an experienced guide. Cool! So I took it. The trail split a few times, but I managed to find the falls. Very nice one. Huge struggle getting back, the trail was very steep. Then up through the Valley of the Waters, the trail goes past a bunch of waterfalls, very nice, then crossed the river gorge at Lillians Bridge over to Peppers Fairmonth Resort, and got there about 1:35, tookk me about 10 minutes to figure out how to get around to the front of the resort. It's huge. Then waited for the 2:10 bus back to Katoomba main street.

I needed to call Air Paradise and confirm my flight to Bali on Monday, but I have no idea what they're number is, so decided to stop by Flight Centre in Katoomba and get a number, but they were closed, closed at 1:00 on Saturday. So, I used internet, and got a phone number from Air Paradises web site, it was a Melbourne number, and called it, and just got a recording saying I didn't call between business hours, and the message gave me another number to call for arrival and departure confirmations. I called it, and all it is is a recorded message indicating when flights are arriving or departing in the next couple of days. Oh well, I'll deal with it in Sydney tomorrow.

Also had an e-mail from Kristin, her and Scott arrived in Singapore, and are going to book their flight to Bali tomorrow. When they know when they'll fly, they'll e-mail me!

Made supper, read, watched "The Ring" in the TV lounge (scary movie!), then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment