Thursday, September 25, 2003

Maria, Oh Maria

Up about 7:45, showered and had breakfast. Breakfast is usually included in the price of a room when you get accomodation in Indonesia. At my new place, it's sliced fruit (pineapple and banana), tea, and this very tasty, sweet pancake-like thing rolled up with a banana in the middle, fried up a little. It's very delicious.

About 9:40, headed to Greg's place, knocked on the door and waited about two minutes for him to open it up. He looked very rough, I asked him if we were still going on the day trip today, he said no, then I told him to go back to sleep and I left, laughing.

At 11:00, I went to the beach and went swimming. The water is fairly cool. Huge waves, lots of surfers and flags everywhere warning people not to swim too far, because of dangerous currents. Went back to hotel about 1:00.

Back at hotel, showered (no hot water at this place), then went for lunch at a cheap restaurant, then to an internet place. As I was using the internet, I was the only one in the room and an Indonesian girl came in and sat in the cubicle next to me, and started totally chatting me up, asking me where I'm from, where I'm going, asking me if I want to take her with me, etc. She says she's a student, studying tourism and hotel management. She then starts asking me out, she wants to meet up with me, tonight, but she has class from 5-9 tonight, so tried to make a date for about 10:00 tonight, I told her I couldn't, I was meeting up some friends this evening and going out, but maybe I would see her out tonight. Then the guy working the internet comes into the room, and she shuts up, and puts her finger to her mouth to indicate to me to be quiet. After he leaves again, she then starts on tomorrow, I tell her I can't tomorrow, I have to meet my girlfriend at the airport at 4:00, so then she tells me tomorrow morning, she'll pick me up at my hotel at 10:00 tomorrow morning. I'm, like, fine, ok, tomorrow morning, and she waits for me, so she can find out where my hotel is. So, after I finish using the internet, we leave, and she drives me back to my hotel on her motorbike, and when we get to my hotel, she asks what room number I'm in, but I don't tell her, I'll just meet her out front tomorrow morning at 10:00. I then ask her what we're going to do tomorrow morning, she says she'll pick me up at 10:00, then we'll go back to her place, and "blah, blah, blah" (that's what she said!), then at 4:00, I can go to the airport. So, she's quite excited, and I'm like, ok, either she wants to get with a foreign guy and wants sex, or wants money for sex. Actually, I don't think her intentions were "bad" in any way, and I actually do believe she is a student, like she said. And she wasn't unattractive, either. Her name is Maria. Hahaha, too funny!

So, I have half a day to figure out a way out of this one. I figure I'll probably just not show up at 10:00, or perhaps meet her at 10:00 and tell her that I can't go.

So, I walked around for a while, back to my room and tried to sooth my burning, painful sunburn (from today...very sore!)

About 7:00, went to a restaurant showing Tears Of The Sun at 7:30 (crappy quality!), had supper and watched the movie. Back to the room about 9:30, and I was laying on my bed in pain, and someone knocked at the door. I didn't answer, paranoid it was Maria. Another knock. I waited a couple of minutes to make sure she was gone, then I peeked out the window, and no one was there. I then went outside to see if I could see her, and Greg was standing talking to the other Canadians (the ones with the towels). It was Greg knocking at my door. He was like, he thought he heard something inside when he knocked, and the worker guy indicated to him that he had just seen me go into my room a little earlier, I told him I was on the toilet.

Anyway, these three Canadian girls, two from Ontario, and one from.....Saskatchewan! The fifth Saskatchewanian (actually living there) I've met! She's from Wapella, near Whitewood/Moosomin, that area. She's going to U. of R., took a semester off, and is travelled to Bali with her Aunt and a friend the aunt's. Amy is the student, Claudia is the friend, not sure of the Aunt's name. They also have an Indonesian friend, her name is Nicky, that the friend has known for quite a few years. The aunt and her friend has been to Bali a few times before, it's Amy's first time. She's 19, and very attractive.

We all sat around (including Greg) and talked about lots of things, like the ghosts that apparently haunt some of the hotels near where the Bali bombs went off, and travelling around Indonesia, travelling to other parts of the world, etc. I then decided to tell my Maria story, and that's when I told Greg that I didn't answer because I thought it was Maria. Then the Aunt pipes up, and says that Amy could double as my girlfriend tomorrow morning when Maria gets here, just tell Maria that my girlfriend got here on an earlier flight. Amy said she would "save me" tomorrow morning. So, there's my way out.

We sat around and talked until about 1:00AM, then to bed.

Greg's friend, Hayden, as I've mentioned earlier, has an Indonesian g/f called Tanya. Greg (and I) assumed it was a rather sexual relationship. Tonight, Greg told me that it's not. Greg found out today. Apparently, Tanya has a boyfriend, and is on the verge (sp?) of being engaged, but she's scared being all alone in Bali (her sister is arriving on Friday), so latched onto Hayden, and they are staying together in Hayden's hotel room, but all Tanya wants is someone to have around, for security. There's no sex. And, I guess she's very, very demanding of Hayden, and expects Hayden to buy everything for her, they go shopping and she buys lots of stuff, and Hayden pays for it, they go out to expensive restaurants and Hayden pays. Hahaha, Hayden, what a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment