Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Last Day on South Island

Up about 8:40, showered, breakfast, packed and left about 10:00. Drove rtto Nelson, stopped at internet, McDonalds and booked ferry from Picton to Wellington at 8:00AM tomorrow morning. Left Nelson and drove to Pelorus Bridge Secnic Reserve and spent a few hours doing a couple of hikes. Then continued on to Picton, got there about 4:00, checked into The Villa, the same hostel I was at last time I was in Picton. As you may remember, this hostel has free apple crumb at 7:30, and the last time I said the apple crumb "was to die for". It wasn't particularly good this time, it kind of tasted like it had some veggies in it! Ick!

I'm feeling blue again, I realized this is my last day on the south island and there's a good possibility I may never, ever be back again, in my entire lifetime! I felt a lot like I did when we left Laos.

I watched TV and read until about 10:00, then to bed.

I need to comment on the Kiwi's dumb sinks in their bathrooms, and many of their kitchens. They have separate hot and cold faucets, so you either have to wash your hands in boiling hot water or ice cold water! It sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment