Sunday, September 14, 2003

7851 km

Up about 8:00, showered, had breakfast at a restaurant. Used internet for awhile, then headed downtown, then to Paddy's Market, window shopping. Then to Darling Harbour and sat around there. There was a Chinese festival of sorts going on, with traditional dance and song and vendors selling food. Got back to the hostel about 3:00.

Bummed around, read, decided to go to a movie tonight. I texted Cour, she didn't want to go.

About 7:00, took train downtown, but got off at the wrong stop and had to walk a billion miles to get to the theatre. I wanted to see "Pirates of the Caribbean", but missed the 7:30 show, so had to wait for the 8:45 show. Decided to walk to the another theatre to see if it was playing any earlier there, but not, so back to the first theatre, bought my ticket, had a bite at Hungry Jacks (what they call Burger King in Australia) while waiting for the movie. I noticed that "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" doesn't open until Oct. 2 in Australia...I saw it in NZ a couple of weeks ago.

Pirates was awesome! Good movie. Long, 2 hours, 20 minutes.

After the movie, I was going to take the train back to Kings Cross (in fact, I had bought a return ticket when I left), but I guess they shut the trains down at 11:00, so I had to walk back.

I drove 7851km in New Zealand.
On the trains, they have a sticker that says "At night, travel near the guards compartment marked with a blue light." Someone has scraped three and a half letters out of that sentence, now it reads: "At night, rave near the guards compartment naked with a blue light." HARHARHAR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment