Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Haircut!

Up about 9:00, Kristin and I went for breakfast, then I just laid around about until about 11:00, then I went to our old hotel and booked a room. Got the same room I was in last time. Kristin and Scott got a new room, this time with a seat on the toilet!

I headed to Matahari department store to look for a 220 volt to 110 volt convertor, but found nothing. Stopped at another spot that might have it, but the guy said I'd probably have to go to Denpasar. Also stopped at a tourist place and got more information on white-water rafting.

Back to the hotel, and Kristin and I went and booked our white-water rafting, 250,000 rupiah each, about $41CDN. We spend about 2 hours on the water.

Kristin and I went shopping for a while, I bought some shorts, Kristin bought a bunch of stuff, then we headed to the Bagus restaurant for the 3:00 showing of "Dumb and Dumberer", which was dumb. Never finished watching it.

I went for a haircut at 5:00, then Kristin and I headed for "downtown", where the main Matahari department store is, walked around, I'm on the lookout for a converter. We ate at an expensive (by Indonesian standards) restaurant, I had an amazing clubhouse sandwich. Then we walked back to the hotel, stopped at a payphone so Kristin could try to call her honey using her calling card, but no luck, so we went to a long distance phone place, and she called him at 10,000 rupiah/minute, about $1.60/minute.

Back to the hotel and did nothing, went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment