Sunday, September 28, 2003

Bungy!!!!!

Up at 9:00 or so, had breakfast, then showered, then just lounged. About 11:30, I headed to AJ Hackett to check out the free bungy jump offer. Kristin came with me. It was what it said, a free bungy jump, no strings attached, so I got weighed, went up to the top of the tower, they attached the bungy to me, and I jumped, screaming. This was only 44 metres, over a swimming pool in a resort, and not nearly as much fun as the Nevis Highwire I did in New Zealand (it was 134 metres). But it was still good, because it was free!

Kristin and I headed back, she bought a bunch of belts on the way back, and a bracelet. We got back about 2:45, met Scott who was just heading to Aquarius Hotel to meet up with his Japanese girl friend (as opposed to girlfriend). Kristin and I had lunch at the great restaurant that has awesome lasagna and pizza.

My neck is peeling horribly, and Kristin is all red and sore.

Scott joined us in the restaurant, and asked us if we wanted to move to Aquarius for a few days, about 50,000 rupiah each (little over $8 each). Very nice place, air conditioning, pool, free breakfast.

Paid our bill at the other place and packed our stuff and moved into a triple at Aquarius.

Kristin and I went swimming in the pool for a bit. Ran into Greg and made arrangements to see him tonight too.

Kristin and I went for a long walk around Kuta looking for Scott, and whoever he was hanging out with. Couldn't find him, so headed to Greg's hotel about 8:45, he wasn't there, then we ran into Scott and went to Bailey's (a guy Scott met) place, ran into Greg, and a bunch of us headed to the contruction lot roulette place. It's funny, a local sets up a simple roulette board, and a bunch of locals some and gamble every night in a contruction lot. Too funny!

They all gambled a little, then to a restaurant to meet Scott's Japanese friends (he spent two years in Japan, and speaks fluent Japanese), then to the Bounty Ship. Left there about 1:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment