Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Cheap Accomodations

Up about, well, 10:30ish, showered. Greg dealt with his room. The hotel booked his room to someone else, and had nothing else available. They called back a little later, and they had a cancellation, so he had to move another room. I think he's paying, probably, $75-$110/night for the room, because he made a remark that the deluxe rooms were $125US.

About noon, we moved all our bags to his new room, it's one king-size bed, he did say I could stay with him, crash on the floor, if I wanted, but no, I'll move to this cheap place. The bathroom is pretty bad, but oh well, then went and got my bags and took them to my new place.

One of the rooms in my new place has two towels drying out front, one has a bunch of maple leafs on it, the other is bright red and says "CANADA, Proud to be Canadian". I wonder where they're from.

Wrote in my journal, for a while.

Walked around Kuta for a bit, then went to McDonalds, then walked along the beach for a bit, then lounged in my room, trying to keep out of the sun. I don't need layered sunburns.

About 7:00, I headed over to Greg's, and hung out with him while we waited for Hayden and his new Indonesian-London girlfriend (from Indonesia, working in London, here for a holiday). He picked her up at the bar last night. The four of us went out for supper to a place, Tanya (that's her name) wanted pizza as well, so we went to the Maccaroni Club, an expensive restaurant/lounge with a chick DG mixing tunes, but not loud. The Maccaroni Club is architecurally really neat. Totally open-air, the DJ boot is a concrete "box" above one of the bars, so everyone can see. Very cool lighting as well.

After that, about 10:30, I decided to head back to the room, against the peer pressure to stay out. Made arrangements to go on a day trip to some sights around Bali tomorrow with Glen and Hayden and Tanya.

No comments:

Post a Comment