Saturday, September 27, 2003

Surfing Safari!!!

Up about 9:00, when Kristin came into my room and squirted water all over me. Had breakfast, then showered.

We headed to the beach about 11:30, Scott and me rented surfboards (with lessons) and Kristin got a boogie board.

Two surf guys took Scott and me out into the water, and gave us some simple lessons on how to do it, lay flat on the board (on your stomach), facing towards shore, when a good wave comes, start paddling, then, when you've "caught the wave", stand up. It took me a few tries, but I caught on quickly, and in no time, I was surfing quite easily, no balancing problems or anything. Scott was another story, he tried for an hour, and still couldn't stand up, and gave up. My problem is, trying to catch the wave, I can't paddle fast enough to "catch it" right most of the time. And getting OUT to the waves is most of the battle!

Stayed at the beach for quite a while, Kristin got a good burn. We walked around after, checked out a tour of some other parts of the island (waterfall, monkey forest, etc.)

Went to a restaurant for late lunch, then lounged around.

Sat around with a couple of Americans, then walked to a parking lot roulette table that one of them new aboutm, but it wasn't open yet (the local told us 8:00 it'll start). I decided to go watch "American Wedding" and get something to eat.

AFter the movie, met up with them, they lost their shirt; well, $5 or $6. Went to the Bounty Ship, and some guy handed us a free bungy jump pass from AJ Hackett, just up the beach. Kristin and I home about 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment