Saturday, September 13, 2003

Home Cooked Meal!

I got a home cooked meal from a most unlikely source today. Read on....

Up early, about 7:45. Still on NZ time. Showered, had breakfast at Big Mama's restaurant, walked around Kings Cross for a while, then burned a bunch of CD's with pictures, then went to Flight Centre and had to wait for my travel agent to deal with another couple before getting to me. Then I signed for my ticket to Bali, and got back to the hostel about 1:00. I had left my mobile charging in the hostel, and when I got back, had 2 TXT's and 2 phone calls from Court. I called her back, she was going to Bondi Beach and wanted me to come, so I caught up with her at Bondi Beach. I had trouble finding her amongst all the bodies sunning themselves. The last time I saw her was July 3. We walked around Bondi Beach main drag a bit, then went to a cafe for a cappuchino and lunch and chatted and caught up.

Courtney news:
- she's living in a penthouse suite in Pyrmont with a bunch of others (6 others, I think), but the lease expires at the end of this month, so she is looking for another flat.
- was working at a food court, but quit recently, she couldn't take it anymore. She has a trial at a cafe in Bondi on Tuesday. She also had another job opportunity come up in a health food store in Bondi when we were there.
- she hasn't been doing a lot the last couple of months, just working (and shopping). She plans on working into the new year, then travel for a few months and return to Canada next June.

We checked out a couple of flats (dives) in Bondi. She keeps telling me how great their place in Pyrmont is.

About 5:00, we headed back to her place, took the train to Town Hall station, then hit Coles (supermarket, not bookstore) for some groceries, then to her place. And Courtney cooked us a wonderful home-cooked meal! She has really never cooked before, and only recently started cooking. That's why it was quite unexpected! It was delicious! (Thanks Court!)

We sat around her place with some of her roommates and watched TV (Wizard of Oz), and I left about 10:00 and walked back to my hostel. Walked through Darling Harbour on the way...WOW!

Court's flat is very nice, modern, in the complex they have a gym, pool, sauna, etc. She'll be hard pressed to find something to match it.

Bondi Beach is a place for beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment