Friday, September 12, 2003

4 Months Left

Today is exactly four months lieft until I return back to work (Jan. 12). How depressing!

Up at 8:00, showered, breakfast, went and used internet for a bit, then hauled all my stuff out of the room and checked out. Caught the bus to the airport, and went through security and all that stuff, then waited for my flight at 1:45PM.

Flight was uneventful. When I checked in and got my seat, I had seat 43A, I thought, cool, I have a window seat (just like a kid, I still like window seats!) Ended up, I was sitting right behind to the mid-plane exit doorway, and didn't have a window there. There was a window in the door, and the seat behind me had a window, but I didn't. :-(

Got to Sydney about 3:30, called the Pink House hostel and got a shuttle to the door. It's in Kings Cross, but off the main hooker/stripjoint/drug dealer street, so it's a lot quieter than the Funkhouse was.

Used internet for a while, and decided that in a few days, I'll head out to the Blue Mountains for four days or so. I really wanted to (and still want to) go to Tasmania, but don't have the time at the moment, as my flight to Bali leaves on the 22nd.

Texted with Court for a bit, then in the evening, walked downtown, sat around Darling Harbour people and bird watching. Once again, Sydney does not fail to impress me. Just looking at the nighttime cityscape of Sydney from Darling Harbour is incredible.

Prediction: Ryan will want to (and in fact, he'll TELL everyone he is going to) move to Sydney.

Got back to the hostel about 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment