Friday, December 05, 2003

Pole Dancing!!!!!

Up about 6:30, motored to Black Island, where we snorkelled for 45 minutes or so, then breakfast, then started sailing back to Airlie Beach. Got back to Airlie Beach about noon. We walked back to our hostel in the blistering humidity and heat, I had a couple of jam and peanut butter sandwiches, then crashed for hour hours, got up, showered, used internet, was all sweaty again, showered, then about 7:20, we headed over to Magnums becahse the boat had a table reserved for us. I bought a two for one pizza, and gave the free one to Court and Linda, then lazy-assed Courtney went to bed. I entered a pole-dancing competition at Mass nightclub (part of Magnums). $500 first prize for the best pole dancer!!! It was an equal competition between guys and girls. They needed me up in the blue room at 9:30, so headed up there about 9:20 and mingled with the other pole dancers. Before I headed up, I made sure everyone who was on my boat was going to be in the bar making the most noise for me, so I could win!!! About 10:00, they had 10 contestants, 5 guys, 5 girls. They always do it with an equal number of guys and girls. They gathered us together for some instruction, pretty much you can do whatever you want up there, with only two rules. You are the only one allowed to dance on the stage (i.e. no "backup" dancers or anything) and you MUST keep whatever you're wearing on under your pants (or if you're not wearing underwear, keep your pants on). No genitals allowed, but topless is ok for women. We were also told we'd have about 3.5 minutes, about one song, to dance, use the pole to do whatever and get the audience going. We were then lined up in a hallway and taken into a small concrete room, sat down, and told the format, he would ask the audience who they wanted to see, a guy from Canada, or a girl from England or a guy from Germany or whatever. He also said it was his job to get the audience all riled up, and he'd make comments like, "Do you wanna see those pants come off? Make some noise, and they might drop!" I admit, I was very nervous, but also totally excited. I couldn't believe I was going to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the little room, one of the girls, who was looking pretty green, put up her hand to ask a question, she wanted to know if she didn't want to do it, could she back out just before she was to go on stage. He said no, if she wanted to back out, he needed to know RIGHT NOW. So she said she's out, right there. That meant a guy had to drop out as well. No one was offering. He looked at his sheet, he had two guys from Denmark, and told them one of them has to go. They argued with him, and finally he backed down, then pointed to me and a guy from Australia and said one of us has to go. I looked at him, waiting for him to back down, he didn't, I didn't, he didn't, finally I said I would step down. STUPID ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What was I thinking???? It would have been so much fun!!!!!!!!!! I know I never would have won the money, but it would've been a blast anyway. Oh well, I didn't have my special "Oh Canada" (Thanks Scott!) underwear on anyway. He told me he'd get me a couple of free drinks from the bar, then asked me and the other girl to leave the room. The other girl pushed right by me, and made a mad dash to the washroom, probably to throw up. After retrieveing my drinks, I went back downstairs, found my group and had to explain what happened. They were disappointed. Anyway, we watched the pole dancing competition, some were good, some were bad. One guy had a g-string on (he borrowed from a female friend), and stripped down to only the g-string. One girl danced for a minute or so, then cut it short, she chickened out. Another Dutch guy was dressed at St. Niklaus (traditional Santa Claus figure in Holland...he even had his helpers, the Black Jacks, with him). St. Niklaus just danced around, didn't take anything off. A Canadian girl from Vancouver did very well, she took second place. The guy that I backed out for, the Aussie guy, he got up there, and took off everything, wearing nothing but a grin. What an idiot!!!!!!!! He was immediately ushered off stage and disqualified. He had my frickin spot, and he got naked and disqualified! UGH! Doofus! The winner of the $500, though, was a chick that really knew how to use the pole, obviously not an amateur, but a professional dancer, who also took her top off, which of course got huge noise from the guys in the bar. She should've been disqualified too, for not being an amateur.

After the competition, a bunch of us danced at Mass until after 2:00, when it started to die, then we headed to another nightclub, The Juice Bar, for more partying. I headed home about 4:15. Linda had went home about 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment