Friday, December 26, 2003

Just \

Up about 10:30. Sun was shining today! YAY! Got dressed, missed the free pancake breakfast again. Walked to the grocery store and bought a few groceries, then back to the room. The kitchen was closed for cleaning, so left my groceries in my room, and John and I went to the public library, a few blocks away, as we could get 1 hour of free internet with identification. So stayed there until 1:00, then back to the hostel, had a couple of sandwiches, then I walked around Hollywood Blvd, took pictures of "famous" things, then walked down Sundet Blvd for a long way, and back to the hostel about 4:00, watched Robin William Live on DVD. Very funny. He even did a good impersonation of Jean Chretien.

On my 10 minute walk to the grocery store this morning, I had 3 homeless ask me for money. The first was a younger woman asking me if I had any change or spare bus tokens so she could get on a bus. The second guy, parked outside the grocery store, was just asking if I had any spare change he could have, the third guy, asking me if I could give him some money so he could catch a Greyhoud bus somewhere. They are all very polite when they beg, though. Excuse me, sir...Thanks anyway...Merry Christmas.

I headed to BK for supper...I'm back in North America, land of the crappy french fries (except McDonalds). Fast food is cheap here, even at the ultra touristy Hollywood Blvd. fast food joints.

Back to the hostel, paid for another three nights, but I have to change rooms tomorrow morning.

This is apparently one of the highest rated hostels in California. It's crap. Well, it's not that bad, but compared to hostels in NZ and Australia, there's no comparison. And others have told me it's nothing compared to other hostels in California and Nevada.

Read for most of the night, to bed shortly after 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment