Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Lounging Day in Airlie Beach

Up about 9:30, showered, made breakfast, boiled eggs and cereal.

We went to the lagoon/swimming pool along the waterfront for a bit, then I hit the internet, bought a few groceries, then back to the room, lounged, then went back to the supermarket and bought a hot chicken and some pasta and cooked chicken pasta for Court, Linda and myself.

We all vegged, Court and Lin to bed about 9:15, I went for a walk along the waterfront boardwalk to the marina, and on the way back, a chick (girl, not chicken) was laying on the grass beside the sidewalk, staring up at the stars, she said Hi as I approached, I said Hi, then she propped herself up and asked me where I was from. I told her Canada, she's like Where in Canada, I say Saskatchewan, she's like, No Way, where from, I say Moose Jaw, she's like, "Get out of here, I went to school in Caronport!" She's from Regina, and she's travelling Australia with her brother, who works in Sydney for a company that's based in Regina. We talked for two hours, then I went back to the hostel and to bed about 11:30.


Sheena, a girl from Vancouver we met on the Fraser Island trip thought Dingo's were cats!! Behind her back, everything was laughing at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment