Saturday, December 27, 2003

Beaches

Up at 9:00, went to have breakfast, and somebody stole my milk! I hate it when that happens! I had a cup of tea.

Went to change rooms, but the person checking out of the room I'm moving in to hasn't yet, so I had to wait. The line for the checkouts grew to be really long, so about 10:00, I got in line and finally made it to the desk about 10:50, got my new room key, paid for room, moved my bags into the new room, then ran outside to get the 11:00 shuttle to the beaches (Venice and Santa Monica Beaches).

Got dropped off at Venice Beach, quite nice, sand was not as nice as Thailand/Aussie sand, kind of coarse, the water was freezing this time of year. No one was swimming. Lots of shops and hawkers and street performers. We (myself, Michelle (Melbourne), Megan (Melbourne) and Nicola (Chile)) walked along, then the two girls stayed behind to shop, Nic and I walked up to Santa Monica Beach, quite a distance, then started walking back to Venice Beach, ran into Megan, then we went with her to the 3rd Street Promenade, in Santa Monica, a pedestrian-only 4 block stretch of shops, restaurants, street performers and bums. Very nice. Ran into Michelle, made arrangements to meet up with her at 5:30 for supper.

The sun was shining, and standing in the sun felt nice, but the wind was cool, and in the shade of buildings or trees, it was cool.

At 5:30, met Michelle, we went to a Mexican fast food place, which was voted the best taco by Rick Dees, the top 40 radio personality, then we caught a bus back to the hostel, got back about 8:00.

Signed up to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain, a roller coaster and thrill ride amusement park tomorrow. Had a shower, then hung out at the hostel in the bar.

To bed about 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment