Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Off to Hollywood! (I'm gonna be a movie star!)

Up about 7:45, showered, read the Borneo Post; it had been slipped under my room door. In the Borneo Post, there was a story from Thailand, about students getting kicked out of nursing school because their too fat. I guess the nursing school has a policy, if you're over 97kg (I think it was), you're too fat to be a nurse. And they are going to do away with that policy in the new year.

Checked out, and got a taxi to the airport about 8:45. Had breakfast at the airport, got my baggage checked all the way to LA, and boarded the plane at 10:00. Of course, on the flight, they ran out of omelette's *EXACTLY* when they got to me. I had to have rice and what looked like shrimp, slimy vegetables, a little bit of fruit, and a small container containing nuts and what looked like the legs of crickets. All I ate was the rice and the fruit.

Got to KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport) about 12:45, and headed for the KL to LA gate. Had lunch at BK.

Boarded plane, and it took off about 4:00, 45 minutes late, had a stopover of 1.5 hours in Taipei. On the flight from Taipei to LA, I had all three seats in my row to myself, so I could lay down and sleep. YAY! Got to LA about 4:15, no problems getting through customs or immigration. Got shuttle to USA Hostels in Hollywood.

Driving to the hostel, everything is DEAD. It's pouring rain, but nothing is happening here. Hardly any cars on the streets.

Got to the hostel, checked in, had a shower, walked along part of Hollywood Blvd, stepped on famous peoples' stars. Hollywood Blvd not that busy, most of the shops were closed, some tourist traps open, some tourists (families w/kids) milling about, amongst the homeless with their cardboard boxes and shopping carts filled with everything they "own". Santa Claus was available for some last minute kid listening at Ron L. Hubbard Christmas "lot".

Back to hostel, read and to bed about 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment