Saturday, December 20, 2003

Jerudong Park

5 days to Christmas.

Slept great, except for our stupid air conditioner kept freezing up or something, and making tons of noise. But it was sure COLD in our room, but I slept great. Got up about 10:00, showered, went out front to reception, Vanessa was there, she told me Webke had left for breakfast and to visit the mosque, and had left her e-mail address for me, in case I didn't see her today. I decided to leave and try and find her.

Walked to the mosque, he wouldn't let me in to walk freely because my knees weren't covered (although my shorts went down to my knees). I was able to see most of the mosque from my vantage point, though. Very nice. It's a very expensive mosque, lots of gold. I signed the guest book, and noticed that Webke hadn't been there yet.

Walked around downtown, Pizza Hut lured me in with their $5 lunch menu (including drink!), walked through the big, nice mall and department store (they had a HUGE electronics floor...looked just like a Future Shop!), used internet for an hour, walked around looking for the movie theatre I swear I saw yesterday. Went to the tourist information centre, and they had a shuttle going to the amusement park at 7:00 tonight, and just then, the Florida couple came in and the three of us decided to get a ticket to the amusement park.

Back to the room, said goodbye to Webke, Josh and I had a game of chess (I won), then about 6:45, headed for the tourist centre to get the shuttle to the Jerudong Park. The park was built in 1994 by the Sultan, as a gift to his people. For $15, you can get unlimited rides. The park wasn't actually as good as we were expecting. The roller coaster was fun, as was teh gravity drop, but many of the rides were closed. There's no line-ups for any of the rides, though, unlike DisneyLand and places in the States, where you have to wait hours to get on a ride.

Stayed at the park until 11:30, when teh shuttle picked us up and took us back to BSB and the hostel and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment