Thursday, December 25, 2003

Merry Christmas!!!

Holy Jetlag, Batman. I was wide awake all night because my body thinks it's middle of the afternoon. Finally fell asleep about 5:00AM, and then couldn't wake up. Finally managed to drag myself out of bed after 10:00. Showered, no hot water (crap!), then walked to the bank to take out lots of money, went to McDonalds for lunch, hardly anything open. Rained all day. Back to hostel, used internet, watched TV, wrote in journal, phoned home (first time in a year I've actually called home!), did laundry, listened to music, John (Ireland), Vinny (Kiwi working in Ireland) and me went to the drug store to buy booze for the Christmas party, then waited for supper.

About 5:30, supper was served, buffet style. They had turkey, ham, chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, apple sauce, fried rice, macaroni, apple pie, and a bunch of other stuff I can't recall. It was only $7. And it was delicious. Most everyone went up the TV lounge, where they had a keg of beer and a bunch of wine, and ate. I broke out my camera, and took pictures of my Christmas in a hostel. Then others grabbed their camera's and did the same. I headed to bed about midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment