Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Goodbye Courtney. :-(

Up about 8:00, showered, had breakfast, walked with Courtney to the bus stop for her bus back to Airlie Beach at 9:25. She was very sad. We may never see each other again, for the rest of our lives!

I went back to the room, and it was weird to not see Courtney's stuff there, and realizing that she's gone "for good", that I'm going back to Canada soon, and she's staying in Australia, perhaps never to return to Canada (if she can help it!) I went to write in my journal, and found a rather emotional note from Courtney, telling me how much she has enjoyed travelling with me, and stuff.

Got my minibus to my bus stop and got my 11:00 bus to Cairns. Got to Cairns at 1:00, had to call the hostel to come pick me (and others) up. Hostel is about a 20-minute walk from downtown Cairns.

Checked in, booked a shuttle to the airport for tomorrow, had lunch, then walked downtown, burned my pictures to a CD, used internet, went to McDonalds for supper, then at 6:15, went to Reef Teach, an educational, live talk and picture show on the Great Barrier Reef. Very good! Finished at 8:40, walked back to the hostel, wrote in journal, to bed about 10:30 or 11:00.

Christmas is in full swing here! It doesn't seem like it should be Christmas at all, though, it's soooo hot and no snow! Seems really weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment