Thursday, December 11, 2003

Bye Bye Australia!

Up at 8:00, showered, breakfast, packed all my stuff, checked out, walked to the supermarket to buy some anti-persperant, then used internet for a while, then my airport shuttle came at 10:50, and got to the airport, checked in, went to Hungry Jacks for lunch and waited for my 12:45 flight to Sydney.

When I was having breakfast this morning (cereal), an old guy sat down across from me, pulled my box of cereal towards him, leaned it towards him, looked inside, then pushed it back to me. I'm thinking to myself, "Who does this guy think he is? Freak! Don't look inside my box of cereal!" I felt like grabbing it away from him! He then introduced himself, he was from Dallas, Texas, and he told me he works for a water purification company, and they had an office in Canada. Then he asked me if I'd be interested in one!!!! Excuse me??? I'm at a hostel in Australia, trying to eat breakfast, and this guy is making a sales pitch to me????? I must have really looked like I could use a water purification system right then!!! Geeze!

Flew to Sydney, then waited around for five hours for my flight to KL, at 10:15PM.

On the flight to KL, I did another 180 on my plans. Original plan was to go to Sumatra, northern island of Indonesia. A more recent plan: fly to Phuket and do a 4 day/3 night liveaboard dive trip to the Similan Islands. New plan: go to Borneo, Malaysia.

On the plane, watched "Johnny English" (funny!), then fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment