Saturday, November 01, 2003

Refund Grief!

About 2:15AM (I think), the bus stopped at a restaurant for "supper". Got to Sumbawa->Lombok ferry about 4:30, and got to Lombok about 6:00, then to Mataram about 9:00. Bemo'd it to the Shanti Puri hotel, bathed, had breakfast, then walked to the internet to check my e-maio. I had 50 new e-mails, most from a very worried mother. When 3 days goes by and she doesn't hear from me, she starts getting sick. It was almost a week before I sent her an e-mail! Spent more than an hour reading and replying. Then to McDonalds for lunch.

Then walked to the Perams tourist office and booked their shuttle from Mataram to the airport on Bali. They tell me I'll get to the airport about 7:15 or 7:30 Sunday evening, perfect, my flight leaves at 10:15.

Then walked all the way to the beach end of town, to find the office of the shuttle ticket I have that was no good. It doesn't exist!!! Just a bunch of boarded up buildings, like an area of town 40 years after it's heyday!

The long trek (took me an hour in blistering heat, sweating crazily) totally wore me out (and then I had to walk back), and I had no desire to spend the rest of the day trying to track them down all over the huge city. 190,000 rupiah is only about $30CDN, so it's not that much in the overall grand scheme of things.

Walked back to the hotel. HOT!!!

Back to the room about 3:00, slept for a couple of hours, when I woke up at 5:00, I was in a daze, and thought it was 5:00AM, I was so out of it. Took me a few minutes to realize it was only Saturday afternoon, 5:00PM! It was pouring rain out. Start of the rainy season, I think, it's been getting cloudier and more rain in the past week or so.

Went back to the internet at 6:00, updated all my journals, more than two hours. Over to KFC for supper in the Mataram Mall (a few stores down from McDonalds) , then back to the hotel, wrote in journal.

My feet were killing me from all the walking today.

To bed about 9:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment