Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Hanging With Court

Up about 9:00, showered, paid for another night, went for breakfast, then hit the internet. I've pretty much decided on taking the train up to Byron Bay tomorrow. After the internet, went downtown and went to the rail office and one-way train ticket to Byron Bay is $102...they don't have any backpacker concession. I can take the bus for $70, it's a night bus, so I also save a nights accomodation too. Decisions.

Walked around the park and downtown are for a couple of hours trying to decide what to do. I was sitting on a park bench, all the pigeons and seagulls all over the park, all of a sudden all of them flew right at me, over me, around me towards the edge of a park, a huge flock of gulls and pigeons. I turned and looked at where they were going, there was an old man, could barely walk, entering the park, carrying six big plastic grocery bags. The birds followed the old man, all over him, he walked past me to a big patch of grass. He proceeded to open up each bag at a time and feed the birds with bread (and whatever else he had). It was funny, the birds, as soon as they saw him coming into the park, knew. As I was walking around, I also stopped into the Australia's Great Train Journeys store, they have great backpacker rates for train journeys across Australia. Sydney to Perth for $250. Sydney to Alice Springs for $200. Unlimited travel for $450! I'm going to try and do that.

After that show, I decided to get the bus ticket for tonight, so back to the Greyhound office and bought a ticket for the 9:45 bus to Byron Bay.

Now that I'm actually going to start travelling Aussie, I'm excited to do so!

Went back to the hostel, checked out ($5 late checkout fee) and put my bags in the store room, used internet for a while, seeing if I can get my Sydney to KL flight changed to Perth to KL instead.

Back to the hostel, Court called, going to meet up with her about 7:00.

Took my bags to the bus station, and put them in a locker there (cost me $11!), then met Court, and we walked around, took pics, went to Starbucks, had fun, then I went back to the bus station about 9:15, checked in, boarded the bus and we were off about 9:45.

About 12:20, stopped at Karuah for driver rest and snacks and whatever for about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment