Friday, November 07, 2003

Cape Byron Point. Tours Galore

I got up, showered, went down for breakfast, 4 bowls of cereal, back up to room, said I was going to internet. Kristin wanted to go tooo, then Louisa came and we went to Adventure Travel Bugs to book tours and trips. Spent three hours trying to figure out what Kristin and Louisa can do in their short time here. Tomorrow we go horse back riding.

So, here's the plan:
Sunday - Noosa, then Gagaju canoeing trip.
Monday - Canoeing
Tuesday - Noosa -> Hervey Bay
Wedensday - Fraser Island
Thursday - Fraser Island
Friday - finish Fraser Island, night bus to Airlie Beach
Saturday - Sailing Whitsunday Islands
Sunday - Sailing Whitsunday Islands
Monday - Finish sailing Whitsunday Islands
Tuesday - Airlie Beach -> Cairns
Wednesday - Cape Tribulation trip
Thursday - Back to Cairns
Friday - Fly Cairns to Brisbane; party for my birthday; meet Courtney
Saturday - Kristin and Louisa fly to New Zealand; Courtney and I travel; meet up with my brother

All that for just over $700 + $125 for the flight; includes all bus transfers, accomodations and some meals. Unlimited free internet from Adventure Travel Bugs because we booked tours from them, so used internet for a long time.

Mailed my Indonesian postcards, Kristin and I hit Subway for lunch. Louisa went to the beach.

Kristin and I walked Cape Byron Point, the easterly most point of mainland Australia. Also saw the lighthouse built in 1901 and wild turkeys. We walked along the beach on the way back, and did cartwheels in the sand. I suck at them.

Back about 7:00, showered, finished our subs for supper.

When I was at the internet today, the guy beside me had pictures in his e-mail from his home. I glanced over and the pictures were of a big snowstorm. I asked him where he was from. He was from Swift Current.

Funny story: Kristin brought some trainer-type shoes from Canada, and she keeps getting them wet, and they take a LONG time to dry. For the last few days, she had them drying on the balcony, and so she wore them today. We were climbing over some rocks on the beach, and a big wave came and soaked her shoes all over again! Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!! She was sooo upset, I started laughing.

Sat around room putting CD's on my MP3 player. To bed about 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment