Friday, November 21, 2003

Happy Birthday to Me (almost!)

Up at 4:20, went out to get our taxi, one didn't come. About 4:55, found a taxi driver who had a hire, but he called for another taxi to come for us. Got to the airport shortly after 5:00, we checked in (Louisa with Qantas, Kristin and I with Virgin Blue), Kristin and I had breakfast, then got on the plane and left at 6:00. Bathrooms in the Virgin Blue area of the airport say "Virgin Loo".

Landed in Brisbane about 8:00, found Louisa, got bags, took train to Central Station and checked into Palace Backpackers. Had to wait until after noon, so Kristin took some film to be developed, Kristin and I used internet, then I went to Malaysian Airlines to deal with my ticket, and got all my flights sorted. Sydney to KL, Dec. 11, KL to LA Dec. 24, LA to Regina, Jan. 10. Had to pay an extra $50CDN to get the seat. Kristin and I walked through the botanic garden, back to hostel and got into the room.

Met Court at 1:30, and at 2:30, met Kristin and Louisa for lunch next door.

Later on, we found a bar, Chill Restaurant and Vodka Bar, that had an international vodka festival with more than 90 types of vodka's from around the world, so we sampled some various vodka's. Strawberry vodka with Sprite was the best.

Back to the room to change, had a bottle of champaigne (courtesy of Louisa), then went out for supper, delicious steak.

Back to the room, Louisa did Courtney's tarot cards, then Court went to bed, she was not feeling well (headache), Louisa, Kristin and I went to Down Unders, the bar under the hostel at about 10:00 or 10:30. Kristin left after midnight sometime, Louisa and I stayed until 3:00AM, when the bar closed, then to 7/11 to get water, then I watched TV in the TV room until about 4:00, then to bed.

My whole night was free for me!

Louisa and Kristin got me a facial hair trimming kit for my birthday, because of my big, bushy eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment