Monday, November 03, 2003

Sydney...Again!

Landed in Melbourne about 7:00, had to get off and reboard the plane about an hour later for the flight to Sydney, which left about 8:15. Got to Sydney about 9:30.

Collected my backpack from the baggage claim, checked-in to Australia, took the train to the Pink House hostel and got a bed. Had a shower, then I got my mobile out, and plugged it in to send Courtney a TXT, but it didn't work! I tried a bunch of outlets around the building, it wouldn't come on! And I didn't have Courtney's mobile number, so couldn't call her on a pay phone. I took my phone back to the shop where I bought it, they asked me how long it has been since I used it, I told them 5 or 6 weeks, and they told me I'd probably have to leave it plugged in for a while, the battery goes into a sleep mode when it hasn't been used for a while, and it might have to be plugged in for a while before I'll even get anything in the screen.

Went back to the hostel, and plugged it in, chatted with a girl in my room that's from Vancouver. She used to work up in the Yukon. Checked on my phone, and it's alive! YAY. Had three voice messages from Courtney, I called her, and we made a lunch date at Gloria Jeans at 2:00.

At 2:00, met her at Gloria Jeans, we went to a small place for something to eat, then to New Zealand Naturals for ice cream, caught up, and talked about our plans.

Shortly after 3:00, she went back to work, I hit the Greyhound office for their bus pass prices, then CounrtyRail for their backpacker rail pass prices. Back to King Cross, used internet, Kristin was online, so chatted with her. She cut her hair really short and coloured it red. She thinks it's too red, and may have to dye it more darker. Totally blew me away!

Back to the hostel, trying to decide what to do. Court will be 1.5 to 2 weeks before she's ready to travel, so should I go to Melbourne and travel around there for a while, then back to Sydney and pick up Court? Or should I go up to Byron Bay now and hang out with Kristin and Louisa? And Court can catch up later? Should we get a bus pass or a train pass? Too many decisions!!!!

Sat around, reading, whatever, and to bed about 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment