Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wedding!

We got up about 7:30am. I went in search for a laundry place, found one, but there was no one around.

Walked up my parents place, head breakfast, booked a taxi to the Paradise. We wanted to take a boat, but it's low tide, and the boat is stranded. We could've probably took a taxi to the pier and just got a boat up to the Paradise, but whatever.

Went back to my hut and walked around some more with my laundry and finally found a place. 10 baht/item. It's actually the same place I was at earlier, but there's someone there now.

When I got back to my place, James was nowhere to be found. I left a note telling him to be at my parents place at 11:30. James locked the door when he left, fortunately the window was not latched, so I could break in. I walked back to my parents, and we left in the songthaew at 11:30. Mr. Don is our driver. It was a very rough ride up the Paradise, very pot-holey and dirty and dusty. We got there about 12:30 and swam in the ocean and pool until 3:00, when the wedding started. It was a traditional Thai wedding, very nice. It was sooo hot today (as every day is).

The Paradise is a $300-$400/night resort with it's own beach and lots of bungalows for rent. Very amazing.

We had a candle-lit supper at 6:30, then we took the songthaew back about 9:00. Erin and Shabana came with us, the others were going to stay at the resort tonight too.

We were deciding whether to take a taxi back or hire a boat instead. We asked at the hotel if it was possible to get a boat back, they were going to check into it. In the meantime, Shabana wasn't sure about taking a boat in the dark. So, we decided to call our taxi guy (Mr. Don) instead. Dad went to the hotel counter to ask them to call Mr. Don, and we found out that he's been at the hote since 5:00, sitting at the bar! We're not sure if he was drinking or not, but we didn't say anything.

We discussed a plan today. Everyone is going to Phuket tomorrow, me and my parents are going to stay on the island for one more day and meet up with everyone on Koh Phi Phi in two days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment