Sunday, February 10, 2008

Off to Thailand

Ryan drove me to the airport in Calgary. Of course, there was a blizzard, the roads were awful, the traffic crap, and it took quite a while to get there, but I gave myself lots of time. Had to wait around fir a 3 hours for my flight, but because of the bad weather, my flight was delayed almost two hours. We finally took off and I got to YVR and found my parents, and we hopped on our Eva Airways flight from Vancouver to Taipei. Long flight, I managed to sleep maybe 5 hours, out of the 12 hour flight, which was nice. From Taipei, got our connecting flight to Bangkokm arrived in Bangkok about 11:00am on Sunday.

Bangkok airport is brand new, but very drab, it's all grey and that's it. It needs some colour.

We got a taxi from the airport to Koh San Road area, and got dropped off at my parents hotel, Viengtai Hotel. While they checked in, I went to find my hotel, just a block away, the Thai Cozy House. Decent place, a little more expensive than what I usually go for, but oh well. Courtney and Chris's room was right across the hallway from my room.

I went back to the my parents hotel, picked them up, and we started walking. I introduced them to the Banglamphu area (Koh San Road area), where we are staying. We walked and walked all over. It's pretty warm today, probably mid-30's and humid. We stopped at a restaurant and had a beer and just sat for an hour or so.

My mom was complaining about an ear ache, she thinks she has an infection. 5 years ago, when Courtney and I were here, Court had an ear infection, and we went to see a doctor who stuck a needle in Courts ass and cleared up her infection. I remembered where that doctors office was, so we went by to see if it was open, but it was closed for the weekend. Opens up tomorrow (Monday) at 10:00am.

We then went back to our hotels, and when I went to get my key, the hotel chick told me that Erin was here, she is upstairs. Erin is Courtney's friend, and we're sharing a room together. I was surprised, because she wasn't supposed to arrive until tonight. I went upstairs, and met up with Courtney and Chris and James and sure enough Erin was there. She arrived the previous night, and had no where to stay, so her and two other guys she didn't know shared a room at the hotel for that night.

I went downstairs to the tailor shop, where Courtney, Chris, Rob (Courts dad), Colleen (Courts mom) and James (Courtneys friend from Australia) were all getting tailored suits made. The tailors gave all us guys a beer while they went to work measuring everyone and doing a fitting test for their clothes.

Mom and dad headed back to their hotel, I went upstairs and had a shower, then over to my parents hotel and we had supper at their hotel. Then we walked around Koh San Road in the evening (very busy!), but I could barely keep my eyes open. I headed back to the hotel and went to bed about 9:00pm.

Remember the Thai Lady Boy walking around Koh San Road, super flamboyant, short, tight red dress, fake boobs, flinging his/her hair all over the place, trying to pick up some tourists. Funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment