Friday, February 22, 2008

One More Day on Koh Phi Phi

Woke up at 7:00. Got up at 7:45 to see about changing our ticket. Got to the ticket place, and had to wait for someone to show up. She called the bus company, and it's not a problem. She changed the dates on the tickets, so we're here for one more day.

Walked around a bit, ran into Rob who told me Erin was looking for me. Ran into Erin and One and told Erin the news. Then we ran into Court and Chris and Shabana. We went for breakfast, Erin and One left, and they were all asking me what up with Erin and One.

After breakfast, moved into the room with Erin, as Shabana, Chris and Courtney are off to Koh Lanta today. Erin and I hung out for a bit, then she started getting ready for her date with One at 1:00. He was going to take her on a boat tour.

I walked up to the viewpoint for some great views of the Koh Phi Phi islands. I was sweating bullets, it's quite a hike up, up, up in the beating sun. Had a orange pop at the first viewpoint, then hiked to the next viewpoint for some more pictures. From up here, you can still see lots of damaged areas that resulted from the tsunami wiping out huge parts of Koh Phi Phi. Then walked some more paths that didn't really lead to anything good. I ran into three guys (backpackers) on the top of the mountain that didn't know how to get down. They had to ask me for directions back down.

I then walked over to Long Beach, the best swimming beach on Koh Phi Phi Don. Quite nice, but kinda busy, and still not as nice as Long Beach on Koh Lanta.

Got back to the room and Erin was back. One got his schedule mixed up, he didn't have a boat trip to do today, so him and Erin just hung out at the beach for an hour or so.

Tahnie and Sterling are getting tattoo's done here on the island before heading back home, so I popped up to the tattoo parlour to see how things were going, but they hadn't started yet. Back to the room, Erin and I went for supper, I had a New Zealand steak, quite delicious.

After supper, we headed back to the tattoo parlour and hung out while they got their tats done. The tattoo parlour is right beside a beach bar, so had a few beers while we watched. Here on Koh Phi Phi, tattoos are done with bamboo. They attached needles to the tip of a bamboo stick, dip the needles into ink, then dab the ink into the skin by hand. Apparently it's not nearly as painful as the typical way.

Apparently the guy doing the tattoo's (Mr. Jay) is one of the top 3 tattoo artists in Thailand.

I got to bed about 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment