Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sunset Tour on Koh Phi Phi

When I went to bed last night, a huge cockroach came into my room underneath my door. I kicked it back out, it scurried in again, I kicked it back out again, and it stayed out this time.

Got up around 7:00am, walked to the beach, no one on the beach this early, just a jogger and a few locals. Went over my parents, they were having breakfast, so I went for breakfast.

I then checked out of the Moon Light Guest House and into the dorms at the Rock Backpacker. I paid for two nights at The Rock.

Parents and I walked around, went to the beach, I swam for a bit. My parents relaxed in a couple of beach chairs, which they had to pay to use (50 baht a chair). Walked around a bit more, and decided to do a sunset tour. It leaves from the tour place at 2:30. My parents also booked a boat and bus ticket back to Bangkok for tomorrow, they are anxious to get up and see northern Thailand.

At 2:30, we went back to the tour office and a guy picked us up and we headed to the pier. The sunset tour was on a big boat, there's not that many tourists on it, though, which is nice. First we stopped at Monkey Beach, a beach with monkeys. We were given to choices, either swim to shore or take a kayak to shore. I jumped in a started swimming. I thought my dad would be behind me, as there's no way my mom would either swim or take a kayak. I got to shore, and about a dozen monkeys all taking food from tourists. As I'm snapping pictures, I see my mom. I was in a moment of shock for a minute. "Mom, how did you get here?". She laughed, my parents actually kayaked in. The urge to see the monkeys overruled the fear of kayaking. When we got back to the boat, she said she'll never be getting in another kayak again.

We then stopped at a beautiful bay with huge cliffs and did some snorkelling there, and my dad and I kayaked into the bay.

Then on to Maya beach, where the movie The Beach was filmed. We had to jump ship and swim to a rocky shore and grab on to a rope line, climb through a crevace, which opens up into the lush island paradise and eventually leads to Maya beach. It was quite something.

Mom found a boyfriend while dad and I were at Maya Beach. Some old man started chatting her up, then when she saw us coming back in the kayak, she said, "Oh, here comes my husband now", he took off.

After that, we had supper on the boat while we watched the sunset.

Got back from the tour, and I walked around for quite a bit, as I wasn't really tired. Went to bed around 11:00, and soon after, a bunch of noisy Brits started partying just outside the dorm room. I was the first in the dorm to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment