Sunday, March 02, 2008

Stranded

Last night, Erin elbowed me in the face, then proceeded to sleep half on top of me, with my arm under her in a twisted position. She also remembered having a dream last night, in the dream, someone did something to her, she woke up and kicked me. It wasn't me, it was a dream, but it was funny. She said I even grunted when she kicked me. I don't remember that.

Up about 9:00, packed, Erin went to the a boat ticket for Koh Lanta for herself and to have breakfast. I came down a bit later and Erin said, "Remember how you were talking about staying here another night? Well you are." The boat schedule on the wall shows two boats going from Koh Lanta to Krabi, one in the morning, the other in the afternoon. It's wrong, there's only a morning boat now, because there are not enough tourists. I already missed the morning boat. Erin can still catch her boat to Koh Lanta, though, so she will go.

They gave me a special price for the room, 400 baht.

I hung around until Erin left at 12:30 and said goodbye. I'll be seeing back in Bangkok in a few days, but I was sad to see her go. We were getting along awesomely, but I think she really wanted to venture out on her own for a bit too. Hopefully her alarm wakes her up! There's no internet on this island, so I asked her to email my parents and let them know what's happened to me, they were expecting me Monday morning in Bangkok.

After she left, I walked around the small headland at the end of our beach and walked the entire length of the next beach, which ran the length of the island, a number of kilometres. This stretch of beach has a few more bungalows and restaurants on it, but still primarily undeveloped beach front.

No threat of rain today, just a cloudy haze in the sky and quite windy.

The bungalows we were staying at had a resident dog, which Erin named Eggo, because of his colour. Erin and Eggo became quite the friends. When Erin left on the boat, I started back to my hut, and Eggo came running alongside me, and walked right up to my hut with me. I opened the door, Eggo walked inside, sniffed around a bit, them plopped down on the floor, sad droopy eyes look up at me. He knew Erin left, and he misses her! I couldn't get him out of the hut, I had to grab his collar and drag him across the floow, him fighting every inch. When I went for my walk to the other beach, Eggo followed me past the headland, then he went sniffing at something and I lost him. I never saw him after that, he never reapeared the rest of that day nor the following day. I hope he was ok.

After my walk along the length of the island, the beach and ocean in front of Sun Smile is the best on the whole island. Lots of other areas, the beach is quite rocky and/or shelly, and if it is nice sand, the ocean isn't the greatest for swimming, as there's large boulders and rocks just off shore. That is not the case where Sun Smile is.

I got back to the bungalows about 3:00, showered, hung-out and read. For supper, I had friend rice in a pineapple. It was quite cool.

About 6:30, I headed back to Fu Bar for a couple of beers. A few people came to the bar for a beer or two, but it's mostly just very relaxing.

After a couple of drinks, I used my torches to walk along the beach back to my bungalows, over the headland and then having to cross a bunch of boulders strewn along the beach. Got back to Sun Smile about 8:45, read for a bit, then went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment