Friday, March 07, 2008

Myanmar, we're ready for ya!

Up about 6:30, someone was knocking on my door. It was Erin. She just got in to Bangkok on a night bus. I was expecting her, but left the door unlocked so she could just walk in. Bugger! We chatted, she showered and then she crashed and I went back to sleep.

Up about 9:00, showered, breakfast, saw parents. My mom leaves today, and dad is going to move into my room at the Thai Cozy House.

At 11:00, I woke Erin up, as she didn't want to sleep all day. I moved my dad's stuff from their hotel into my room, Erin, me and my parents had lunch. Erin is going back to Canada today too. I have a bunch of stuff I want to send back with her, so we decided to do lots of shopping, by a bunch of stuff, buy a big bag to put it in, and she can take it back to Canada.

Saw my mom off, then Erin and me went shopping. She needed to buy a bunch of things too, gifts for others and lots of stuff for herself. We walked up and down Koh San Road all day, looking at things we wanted, and stopped for beers a few times. I bought lots of t-shirts (7, I think), some awesome lamps, and two frogs. The street women selling the frogs (and other trinkets) were here 5 years ago, selling the exact same things, wearing the exact same outfits.

At 6:00, my dad and I picked up our Myanmar visa. We were concerned, because the myanmarvisa.com website says it's really hard to get into Myanmar now. At the end of January, Myanmar apparently changed it's rules for getting a visa. It says you can only get into Myanmar if you come in on a government tour and/or stay at a government hotel, so we didn't know if we'd get them. In the end, it wasn't a problem at all, it was easy-peasy!

Dad, Erin and me went for Indian food for supper, then more shopping. We bought a big bag to put everything in, paid next to nothing for it, and later in the eveing, it stopped zipping and the zipper broke! Cheap Bangkok bag!

Saw Erin off at 10:30pm, she's super sad, she totally fell in love with Thailand. She's already planning a trip next year, she loved it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment