Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Back in Krabi

Got to Surat Thani about 5:10am, then had to wait until 8:00am for the bus to Krabi. I slept off and on all night.

As I waited, met up with two girls, one from the U.S. (Kristie) and the other from Denmark (Christina).

The bus to Krabi wasn't even half full. I got two full seats to myself.

We got to Krabi about 10:30, and me and the girls walked to Chan Cha Lay Guest House, Courtney and mine's old haunt 5 years ago. Kristie had a reservation at B & B Guest House, but she didn't know where it was, so her and Christina also took a room at the Chan Cha Lay. 250 baht/night.

I got laundry done, and booked a boat to Koh Lanta for tomorrow. Then me, Kristie and Christina had lunch and then went to Wat Tham Sua, where the Tiger Cave is. Supposedly, a large tiger once lived in the cave, now it's a Buddhist temple and monastery. I didn't quite get why the tiger cave was so special, there's nothing behind the bars, except a place where people throw money, and presumably make a wish. We then walked along a jungle path to see some cool caves, and I took a side jungle path to seea "big tree". Didn't see the "big tree", or maybe I did, but couldn't pick it out from all the other big trees. I did, however, find a turtle hanging out on the hiking path. He retreated into his shell when I came along.

About 2:15, we caught a ongthaew back to Krabi, we stopped at a bakery and I bought a brownie. I haven't really had anything like this since coming here. We went back to the guest houe, I wrote in my journal and used internet for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile the girls went to their room and crashed. I went to a restaurant/pub and had a couple of beers, then after 6:00, went to the restaurant the girls wanted to eat at, and had supper with them. I had a grilled cheese sandwich with fries, it was so delicious, I had a second one. As we were eating, a rain shower came in.

After supper and the rain, we walked to the night shopping market, but it wasn't happening tonight, so we walked to the night food market, I had handmade ice cream (coconut and chocolate) and Kristy had a banana and Nutella pancake.

We walked around a while more, then back to the guest house. I read the Bangkok Post, and started falling asleep, and went to bed about 9:00, so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment