Monday, March 03, 2008

Back to Bangkok :-(

Up about 7:00, lazed around, finished packing and went to the restaurant for breakfast. At 9:00, I jumped into their long tail boat, and they took me the main boat as it passed enroute from Koh Lanta to Krabi.

Got to Krabi pier about 10:30, went to P. P. Family Services and booked the next bus to Bangkok. Apparently I got the last seat on the bus. Whew! It's a night bus, and leaves at 4:30pm, so I have 6 hours to kill. Yuck. That's why I wanted to catch an afternoon boat.

I read, had lunch, read some more, watched the mudskippers, read some more. Often, I was the only tourists at the pier, and I just watched boatloads of tourists come and go as boats arrived and left to Koh Lanta, Koh Phi Phi and other places.

Got on the bus at 4:30. They showed a movie, Dragon Wars, then stopped for supper at 6:30, showed another movie, The Kingdom. I tried to sleep, but couldn't get comfortable. The bus made another stop at 12:30 at night for restroom/food. After 1:00am, I was able to get some sleep for three hours or so. Bus arrived in Bangkok at 5:30am. I walked to Koh San Road and found a hotel for 170 baht and slept for a 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment