Tuesday, July 01, 2003

China!!! Well...

Ok, so yesterday, I was so stoked to go to China!!! I bought the Rough Guide to China (more than 1100 pages!), and checked out pricing of tickets, I can fly to Hong Kong one way for about $900.

So, last night I was reading the Rough Guide, and last night and this morning, talked myself out of China. China is quite expensive (surprisingly...just as whoever left that comment on my journal), accomodation costs is on par with Europe or American costs, with dorm beds running between $10-$20 CDN. That, combined with the fact that China is SOOOOO big, and also the language barrier (which will be a barrier...apparently English is not prevalent at all in China), and, quite frankly, it kind of scared me off. Besides, I've got and am going to get a lot more Asian culture this year as it is.

Decided to go to New Zealand instead. Do some hiking, visit my cousin, working (training) to be a glacier guide (how cool is that!), and hike and fish and camp.

But, I'm prone to change my mind frequently, so who knows.

The old freak was in my room again last night. Emily (works at Funkhouse) told me he's leaving tomorrow, though, so that's good.

Courtney is still trying to get me to come to Big. She has a job! It's just a temp job, I don't know what she's doing, but she's happy to have a little bit of income.

I guess that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment