Friday, July 18, 2003

Not Much Today

I got up about 9:00, showered, checked out of Nadi Bat Hotel and found another little hostel just down the road, called Western Hostel. It's about 5 minutes walk from Nadi Bay. Very friendly, I went in to check it out, and she told me it was $15/night, so after looking around, I told her I liked it, but was going to check out a few more down by the beach, and she said she'd give me a special price if I stayed there, $10/night. So I took it. It has kitchen facilities (although I have to pay $2 if I wanna use the stove), and they take care of my every whim. It's a family run affair, and they know my name, and are always asking me if everything is good and asking me how things are going.

After settling in, I walked to town to Aqua-Trek (diving outfit), but they don't actually do any dives out of Nadi, they do dives from islands around Fiji. Hit internet for a couple of hours, then walked back to the hostel, stopping at a supermarket and bread store to get some supper. Dropped off the food at the hostel and walked to Inner Space Adventures, a dive operation on the beach near the hostel. 2 dives for $110 (FJD).

Walked back to the hostel and read through some more stuff to try and figure out what to do with my remaining time in Fiji. Started talking to a guy, him and his g/f just got back from Mana, and enjoyed every minute of it. They booked it through the hostel, so I read up on it a little, and decided to go there. $70 return boat trip, and acoomodations is $45/night, and that includes 3 meals/day. They also do day trips to the CastAway island, which is cool.

So, I booked the Mana trip from Kesa (girl at hostel), and leave on Sunday and come back on Wednesday. There's no internet out there, so I won't be replying to e-mails or doing journal updates.

Cooked some supper (macaroni with tomato sauce...mmmmmmm), then sat around and watched TV, chatted with other occupants of the hostel and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment