Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Welcome Home, Todd!

Up about 8:30, had breakfast, packed and checked out. Walked around the shoreline of the other part of the island to kill time.

The boat back to Nadi is supposed to be here about 12:30 or 1:00.

Sunny in the morning, but by 11:00, cloudy, very windy and cool (I needed my fleece). The boat came at 12:30, dropped passengers off, and we were finally allowed to board about 1:00, and we took off. It's a small boat, only seats about 10, plus the driver (captain). We took off, and another guy on the boat (large Canadian guy) is not feeling well in the huge swells of the ocean. He's pretty green, and looks like he's about to toss his cookies.

We stopped at Bounty Island to drop two people off, and pick up two others, then continue on to Nadi. Fat Canadian buddy decides he should switch places with another girl, so he can hurl over the edge of the boat, if he has too. She's more than happy to get of his way.

We made it to land about 3:00, and Canadian buddy managed to pass out, and avoid hurling. I got a mini-bus ride ($2.00) to Western Hostel, and was greeted with "Welcome Home, Todd!" by Kesa, the proprietor if the operation. (Their slogan is: "Your home away from home".)

Checked in, Kesa gave me my preferred rate ($10/night), and booked a shuttle for 5:00AM tomorrow morning for me. I had a shower, then walked to McDonalds, had lunch, the downtown and bought some postcards, and then internet.

That's all, next time I post, I'll be back in NZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment