Friday, July 25, 2003

Thieves!!

I went to Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines last night. Awesome movie!!!!!!!!!! I loved it! Loved the ending too! It's about time nobody lives happily ever after!!!

I got up about 8:45, showered, ate, someone took my milk from the fridge in the kitchen, so a guy and girl I had met in Fiji, happened to be at ACB, in the kitchen at the same time, and they offered me some of their milk.

AFter breakfast, I went to an internet place and burned all my pics to a CD, then back to the hostel, installed a New Zealand Vodaphone sim card into my mobile, my new mobile number is 02 11 356 935 (if anyone feels the need to talk to me!) Note that that's a local number, you'll have to do some fancy stuff to dial long distance to it. I did some laundry, had lunch, talked to ACB about buying cars, they suggest renting, because it's such a short time (buying is only reasonable if I'd be travelling for 2+ months). Plus, being low season, I'd have a fairly difficult time selling, I might need 2 weeks to sell it, which I don't have.

Someone in my room nicked my shower towel (the one Darren gave me for Christmas). The buggers!

Sat around and read for a while. About 3:00, walked back to Bargain Rental cars, and they matched the $19/day that Alternative was offering. Bargain has offices throughout NZ, , so I feel better with them (not fly-by-night company), and if I have problems, it'll make it easier. I'm getting a small 2-door 1997 Toyota Corrola (Corolla?) II Super Windy G hatchback. The colour is blue! I pick it up tomorrow about 8:30.

Went back to the internet for a while, then back to hostel and read. As I was reading, a guy that was in my room the last time I was at ACB noticed me and we started talking. He invited me to Globe (bar underneath the hostel) at 9:00, he was meeting a mate there. I told him I'd be there.

I had supper, and read some more, then shortly after 9:00, went upstairs to get ready to go to the bar, and two Brazilians and a new Canadian girl (very attractive) were in the room, talking, so I started talking with them all. The Canadian girl (Amy) is returning to Canada after doing some uni in Australia. Amy would have liked to travel NZ by car, but she only has two weeks, so she went with the Magic bus pass of the just the north island. She was disappointed that she didn't meet me before she bought the bus pass, she would have much rather travelled with me by car for the duration of the two weeks.

I didn't make it to the bar. Went to bed about 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment