Friday, April 01, 2005

Happy April Fools Day!

Happy April Fools Day everyone. There will be no repeat of the April Fools joke I played two years ago (Courtney and I getting SARS).

I had my first ever lucid dream last night. It was awesome. A lucid dream is a dream where you realize you are dreaming and can control your dream. I was in Moose Jaw, but MJ was in the mountains, and I came up the edge of cliff. All of a sudden I realized I was dreaming, so I said to myself, "Self. I'm dreaming. Which means I can jump off of this cliff and nothing will happen. In fact, when I jump off of the cliff, I will fly." So I jumped. And sure enough, I started flying! And controlling my flight. Some people have lucid dreams quite easily, others don't.

I woke up about 8:30, showered, then asked reception about a bus to Jaisalmer. He called the bus station and the bus leaves at 10:00pm. So, I ordered breakfast (2 boiled eggs), then walked to the bus station and bought a ticket to Jaisalmer. 294 rupees. It leaves at 9:45 PM and the ride is about 13 hours, I think. I chose bus over train because the bus does from Jaipur to Jaisalmer, whereas there is not train that does that route. You have to get off one train and book another train in Jodpur to get to Jaisalmer from Jaipur using the train.

Back to the room. It's so hot out, I just don't feel like being outside during the day.

I started reading about rafting in Nepal. It sounds amazing. Rafting trips are anywhere from 2 days to 12 days and you get to see some of the most remote wilderness and incredible canyons in the world. One raft trip offers the option of doing the second highest bungee jump in the world...a whopping 160 metres. The one in New Zealand I did was 136 metres. I can't wait, I'm so excited!

So, my plan is to do the camel trek in Jaisalmer, then fly to Nepal from Jaisalmer.

Went to the internet for a while, then back to the room and watched TV all afternoon. My checkout time is 6:30, so I'm good until then.

Checked out about 6:45, started walking to the bus depot (way early!), and buddy from the hotel told me it's too early and said to just hang around the hotel, it's much better than the bus depot. So, I did.

While waiting, I headed over to the internet for a while, which is where I am right now.

Assuming nothing else happens tonight, the next journal entry will be for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment