Thursday, March 31, 2005

Day of Nothing

Got up around 9:30. Slept a few hours last night. I'm feeling ok, but my stomach is still a tad iffy. I didn't feel like eating, so went downstairs and got an orange pop and a water.

Wrote in my journal, then hit internet.

I am so anxious to get out of the heat. It's unbearable. I'm going to do my camel trek in Jaisalmer, then I'm going to head north in to the mountains, or off to Nepal.

AFter the internet, went back to the hotel, hotel buddy asked me if I was leaving today or staying. I told him I wasn't sure yet, I'd let him know later in the afternoon.

About 1:00, starting walking to the train station, made a wrong turn and ended up at Pizza Hut. My stomach wasn't feeling that good, but logic told me it was that way because I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning (threw up everything I had eaten last night). I debated going in for something to heat. Finally I did.

I ordered an iced tea and a pepperoni personal pan pizza and inquired as to the whereabouts of the toilet, just in case. I was half expecting the pizza to come out one end or the other shortly after eating. I sucked back the iced tea, then got a 7-up.

I finished two and a half pieces of pizza, and everything was good. My stomach was making weird noises, but it was staying put. I got the rest boxed up and made a walk to the toilet, just in case. So far so good. Paid my bill (200 rupees...about $7 CDN)

I also decided it would be wise to stay here and not travel for another day, just in case. It's a long bus/train ride to Jaisalmer.

Walked back to the hotel. One sketchy looking local started talking to me, he asked me why westerners don't like talking to locals. Oh brother! Typically way to start a scam conversation. He asked me if I wanted to drink beer with him. I told him no, because I wasn't feeling well. He then offered to make me a large sum of money, in a gem/jewellry scam. Umm, no thanks.

Immediately after, another local asked me if I wanted to smoke marijuana with him. Umm, no thanks.

Back to the room and let the pizza settle.

About 5:00, headed out to a department store I saw earlier to get laundry detergent and bar soap. It was closed, so stopped at a nice shopping mall on the way back to see if they had anything...nope. Found detergent and soap at a street vendor just outside the hotel.

Went back to my room and did laundry and watched TV the rest of the night. Watched one of the blondes chicks get booted off American Idol.

Until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment