Monday, April 11, 2005

Another Day of Nothingness

Lazy this morning. I woke up about 10:00, got up about 10:30. Showered and crap. Walked out front of the guest house and checked at G's Terrace to see if Andrew was around, but he wasn't. Decided to have the morning buffet breakfast at the guest house, fill me face and skip lunch. Andrew came along about 11:30, and we talked abotu going to the party in Bhaktapur with fried-brain buddy. We were kind of both of he opinion that if we went, we wouldn't stay the night, but come back to our guest house, but we were both kind of thinking of simply not going.

After breakfast, I went to the courtyard to read, Andrew came by and said he was going to wait at G's Terrace for buddy. He was supposed to meet us there between noon and 1:00. Andrew came back at 1:00, and he didn't show anyway.

About 2:00, I went shopping again for sunscreen and long pants, which I needed for my rafting. Continued walking and found some streets I hadn't seen yet. I ended up getting kind of lost, and walked around for a couple of hours, but eventually found my way back.

Stopped at a bakery on the way back to the guest house and had a chocolate brownie and cinnamon bun, then back to the guest house and wrote in my journal and read. I met my new neighbour in the room next to me, a Japanese guy. Sabine came along about 5:30, and we sat around and talked. She had a good day at work, and thinks she'll enjoy it there for 3 months.

About 7:00, she got her stuff from my room and took it to her new hotel, and was going to come back an hour later, and we'd go for supper.

As I was waiting for Sabine in the lobby, the Japanese guy, speaking in his broken english, came in the lobby with a couple of his Japanese friends, and he said hi to me, then walked past, then came back and asked me if I wanted a wooden elephant. I recognized the wooden elephant as souvenirs a lot of hawkers are peddling on the streets, they are quite persisent when they try to sell them. The Japanese guy, told me he bought four of the elephants, while his two Japanese friends behind him were laughing quite hysterically. I chuckled and asked him why he bought four of them. He laughed and said he didn't want to buy any of them, but he said his stress level was very high as the sale was being pitched at him from the peddler, and he ended up buying four. Now he's trying to give them away, because he doesn't want four. Anyway, we all got a good laugh, especially his friends, because now he has these four big wooden elephants he has to carry around with him.

A short while later, Sabine showed up, and we went for supper.

Got to bed about 10:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment