Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Monkey Attack!

Up about 9:30, showered, took some laundry in to get done.

Went for breakfast at a cheap restaurant that was showing Lord of the Rings: The REturn of the King. It finished about noon, went back to the hotel and wrote in my journal, read, used internet, walked around.

Went for lunch, had a BLT sandwich and a mochacinno about mid afternoon.

Listened to my MP3 player in the courtyard. As I was sitting there, there were other people around, chatting, having something to drink, snacking, whatever. Then I heard a commotion behind me, and turned around, and there was a monkey. It had jumped down into the courtyard, and was looking for food. Then I noticed another monkey. They were terrorizing the people sitting at another table, lunging at them, and baring it's teeth, trying to get something from them. They backed away, grabbing all their stuff, but the monkey was pretty aggressive. Finally the hotel workers arrived, but they wouldn't do anything, they just threw cushions at them...which didn't do much, they just watched them fly by. Finally, another guy came out with a slingshot and started throwing rocks at them, and they jumped back up and took off.

Sabine came around about 5:00, then Andrew showed up. We decided to go for supper after my rafting meeting.

I went for my rafting meeting at 6:00, and met the othe rafters. I'm the baby of the bunch. There are three others, two from Scotland (Steph and Shawn) and one from England (Will). We have to meet at the Ultimate Descent office at 5:00am tomorrow morning.

The meeting ended shortly after 7:00, and I went back to the guest house, and was expecting a message for me at the front counter, but there was none. I checked the courtyard, they weren't there. I went up to my room, and two other girls were in the hallway, one of them asked me if I was Todd. Yup. They told me that a message was put in one of their key boxes by mistake, a message for me. I'm to meet them at the Typical Nepali Restaurant for supper. So, headed over to the Typical Nepali Restaurant about 7:15, and they were there.

After supper (9:00), we went to a bar/restaurant and listened to a live band. Andrew left about 9:30, Sabine and I left about 9:45. Went back to the guest house, got laundry, paid my hotel bill and went to bed about 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment