Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rafting Expedition - Day 8

Up about 7:15...slept great!

Breakfast was pancakes with an awesome honey-lemon sauce - honey, lemon, water and brown sugar...I think it would be great to marinade chicken in it.

Started rafting about 9:15. Slow rafting, not that many big rapids and lots of flat. We didn't have to wear helmets for most of the day.

I got pushed in the water twice. The first time, Steph splashed Picass, one of the kayakers, and in his attempts to splash her back, he was getting me. I stood up and turned around and started helping Picass splash Steph, and before I knew it, someone was pushing me in the water. I found out later it was Will and Shaun, they conspired together to push me in. Later on, I was sitting on the raft, minding me own business, Shawn was sitting on the bow, and when I had my head turned, he simply poked me in the chest with his paddle, and over I went, a complete backwards somersault into the water. I got my revenge on both Will and Shaun later on.

We stopped for lunch about 1:00, I suppose.

The wind picked up about 11:00 am, upstream. It came in gusts.

Some of the best valley landscapes I've seen so far.

Thunderstorm clouds threatened about 3:00, so we started looking for camp, and found a good camp about 3:45.

Storm clouds circled and put on an awesome light show all evening, but not too much rain fell, just spit out.

To bed about 7:45, listened to music until about 9:00, then to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment