Thursday, October 30, 2003

Ticket Trouble!

Up at 5:45, had breakfast, and five of us got on the bus at 6:15. The other four got off at Ruteng. Hardly anyone on the bus this morning. Just me and one other passenger for much of the last few hours.

Near Labuan Bajo, the bus stopped at a petrol station, and a guy started talking to me through the window, asked to see my ticket out of here. I showed it to him, and he said I'll have troubles tomorrow, probably. Something about that company doesn't pay the ferry service so the ferry won't accept that ticket or some such thing. He said lots of tourists that by return tickets in Lombok have the problem.

Got to Labuan Bajo about 4:00, checked in to the Gardena Bungalows. They recognized me, gave me the same price as before (35,000). At Gardena, the bungalow dude asked me where I got my return ticket, I told him in Lombok, he rolled his eyes, and remarked that I can try to get on the ferry tomorrow.

So, I went up to my room and wrote in my journal. Walked around downtown, ran into two Swedish girls I had met at Keli Mutu, they were looking for a room, so I walked with them for a bit, then back the other way, then back to my bungalow and had supper, beef hot plate, it was excellent. Sat with a Swedish couple that travelled an overland route from Sweden, through Russian, Mongolia, China, and Laos to get here.

Up to my room and to bed.

Lots of churches in Flores, because it's mostly Catholic on this island.

No comments:

Post a Comment