Sunday, October 05, 2003

Sad News and Flight Problems

Up about 8:45, breakfast, then showered, then headed to the beach, Kuta Karnival, because the brochure says there are band battles at 10:40, which I thought was a strange time for that, but whatever. Got down there, there was nothing happening, but heats for a surfing competition, and some kids skateboarding.

Back to the hotel, used internet and got an e-mail from my parents that my grandpa has passed away.

After internet, ran into Louisa, she's feeling fine now, but Kristin is very sick. Bali Belly, she was sick all last night and today, throwing up. Louisa and I went and picked up her laundry, then went to their hotel to see how Kristin was doing. She looks fine, if a tad pale, but she's not feeling well in her belly.

We went and got her some ginger ale and crackers, she wanted something to eat. We were gonna get her a DVD player too, but I then realized they only have one AC outlet in their room, so wouldn't be able to plug it in. Made a date with Louisa to go to the Food Festival.

I left to go find some new flip-flops, ended up buying a pair at Circle K for 8000 rupiah (just over $1). Went back to Louisa and Kristin's hotel and swam in their pool for a while. As I was swimming, I decided I should deal with all my flights, since I do have a game plan in mind. So, went back to the hotel, got out my tickets and found out that I'm due to fly from Sydney to KL tomorrow!!!!!!!! Ack, I had forgetten, but when Court and mine's tickets were originally purchased last October, the furthest Janet could book ahead was one year. I have to deal with it immediately! Or else I might lose my flight, or have to pay an extra charge!

Went back to internet to see if I could change dates on Malaysian Airlines website, couldn't, but their website says they have an office at the airport here, and that it's open until 8:00PM on Sundays. As I was going to find a motorcycle taxi to take me to the airport, ran into Lousia and Scott, and told them, and told them I'd meet them back at the hotel in about an hour for supper. So, caught a motorcycle taxi (15000 rupiah one way) to the airport. One the way, bonded with the driver. He told me that George Bush (Uncle Bush, he called him sarcastically) was going to be in Bali for the anniversary of the Oct. 12 Bali bombings, along with the Aussie prime minister (who's name I forget at the moment). Weird!

Got to the airport, my motorcycle taxi walked around with me. The stupid Malaysian Airlines office is closed all day Sunday, so we went to the Air Paradise office, and it was closed too! Uh oh!!! I'll have to try to deal with it tomorrow morning, before we head up to Lovina.

Back to the hotel. Just wasted 30,000 rupiah.

Tried to help Irwin (my motorcycle taxi driver) with his internet on his mobile, but I didn't know his SMTP or POP3 or usernames or passwords, so couldn't help him. He had a phone that took pictures as well, it was neat. I told him I was going to Lovina tomorrow, he said he had a girlfriend in Lovina, and Aussie girl named Joy, working at Zigit bar. I said I'd say hi.

Met up with Scott and Louisa, and we headed to the food festival, and I totally pigged out again.

On the way back to the hotel, bought a pair of sunglasses for 20,000 rupiah.

Went out for a beer, then back to the room to pack. Heading to Lovina tomorrow, and hopefully getting my tickets figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment