Friday, October 10, 2003

Full-Moon Party and Foam!

Up at 9:00, slept amazing. Showered and had breakfast. Walked around checking out prices for shuttles to Lombok. Super hot today. Then took some stuff to the laundry.

Checked in with Kristin and Louisa after 11:00, they missed breakfast, so we went to a pharmacy to see about tooth gel (Kristin has a toothache...wisdom tooth), they didn't have anything, so we went to a restaurant for brunch, and Kristin and Louisa took stuff to laundry as well.

Scott tried to take the truck back, but realized we had the truck for one more day, it's not due bacj until Saturday morning.

AFter brunch, Kristin Louisa and I decided we should take the truck to go see Uluwatu, a nice temple, but we couldn't find Scott, and I couldn't drive because I wasn't on the contract.

We walked around, down the beach street to the main square. Kristin decided she wanted to go to the Hard Rock Cafe for the start of her "birthday weekend", so we shopped for a while, Kristin picked up something for her diarhea, then about 4:00, headed to the Hard Rock Cafe. I had an awesome steak (actually, two awesome steaks), then Kristin and I shared a Hard Rock Cafe brownie sundae. We were stuffed!

Headed back to the hotel and stopped at the tattoo place where Scott was getting a tattoo done, he was there, almost finished. It took the tattoo artist two hours to do it.

We continued back to th ehotel, then I wrote in my journal for a while.

Louisa and Kristin went shopping for a while, when they got back, we had a few drinks at their room, then about 11:30, headed to the Bounty Ship.

In the downstairs of the Bounty Ship (we usually party on the deck of the "ship"), they have another dance floor, and they had a foam party happening. They had soap machines blowing soapy bubbles all over the dance floor. I ventured in, and some guy tackled me, and one of my flip-flops fell off and got lost in the bubbles. I searched and seached for it, but could not find it. I went back up above decks to get Louisa and Kristin, and we went back down, and Kristin joined the bubble party for a while. Louisa got some good pictures of us. We were soaked.

The bubble dance floor was dangerous, very slippery, and a lot of the locals and some tourists kept trying to trip and tackel everyone. An accident waiting to happen.

At one point, I found a blue flip-flop in the bubbles, and thought I had found mhy missing one. Ended up being the wrong one! I put it aside and kept looking. Found three other flip-flops, none of the mine. During the foam party, they had on stage an awesome fire show, a guy doing poi's, and four women dancing with candles. It was cool.

We left about 4:00AM, Kristin and I went to bed, Scott and Louisa went up to Double 6, they are having a full-moon party up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment