Friday, October 03, 2003

All Nighter

Up about 9:00, showered, had breakfast, then went to Matahari department store to see if the universal A/C adapter they had would fit the plug on my MP3 player. It did! I'm in business! And it was cheap, only 24000 rupiah ($4CDN). I expected to pay over 100,000 for it.

Went back to the hotel, listened to music and wrote in my journal, while I waited for Kristin and Louisa. Louisa was moving into our hotel this morning. Once they arrived, Scott, Kristin and me went for lunch, then got a couple of motorbikes, and Louisa went to get her flight changed, then about 2:30 or 3:00, the four of us headed to Tanah Lot, a Hindu (?) temple on a rocky cliff on the sea. Very picturesque. Only 7500 rupiah to get in, for two of us. Scott and Kristin touched the Holy Snake. Apparently, if you ask it a question, it will give you an answer to your question. I didn't do it, paranoid I would poke it's eye, and it'd bite me, and I'd die. It is a poisonous snake. The Kristin, Scott and me drank of the Holy Water (a spring coming out of the ground), and had water (?) sprinkled on us, rice put on our forehead and a flower put behind our ear.

Lots of Japanese tourists at Tanah Lot, and lots of stall selling t-shirts, postcards, sarongs, sunglasses, film, water, and everything else imaginable.

We headed back to Kuta in rush hour traffic, got back to the hotel about 5:45. Kristin didn't have too many complaints about my driving. Traffic was pretty hectic in Kuta. I've not driven in traffic like this in Thailand at all, so was a little wary.

When we got back, Louisa found a cockroach in her room, and got freaked out. I had to get rid of it for her. Then Kristin and Louisa went out and bought some Raid and sprayed under the cabinet in her room, and a bunch more scattered all over. That was all for Louisa, she was out of there. So, the three of us went in search of another hotel. We found a nice, relatively cheap one, and Kristin decided to stay with Louisa at her new hotel for the next three nights.

AFter that, the four of us bought some alcohol and a bunch of us (myself, Kristin, Scott, Louisa, two Canadian cops, and a Turkish guy) sat outside Scott's room and had a party.

About 11:00PM, the hotel staff came and told us to be quiet, so we all left and went to the Bounty Ship. Stayed there until about 4:00AM, then we caught a cab, minus Louisa and the Canadian cops, but plus two German girls, to Double Six, an after hours dance club. It wasn't that great, not that busy.

About 5:30, caught a taxi back to our hotel, then I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment