Saturday, October 04, 2003

Food Festival

Woke up about 8:00, but still wanted to sleep some more. Listened to some music and fell back asleep. Got up about noon.

Used internet, read, at about 3:00, headed to Kristin and Louisa's hotel to check on them. Kristin was just coming out the hotel, she wasn't feeling that well, and said Louisa was very ill, she is allergic to wheat, and had eaten something the night before and had an allergic reaction. Her tummy was huge and she was bed-ridden.

I headed down to the beach to check out the Kuta Karnival, the skateboard park was open, lots of boarders doing tricks. Then headed acros the street to the food festival. They had a stage there, and a bunch of kids were performing traditional dance and playing traditional music live.

I headed back to my hotel to get money to buy food at the festival, and ran into Scott and the two Canadian cops, and they wanted to go eat too, so I waited about 2 hours for them before we headed there.

I was a pig, I ate more than twice what the other three guys did, and all three are a helluva lot bigger than I. They couldn't believe how much I was eating.

The other three started drinking, but not me. We left about 9:15, and stopped at the tourist police office. The two Canadian cops befriended a tourist police officer a couple of weeks ago, and the officer drove them around in their patrol jeep and their golf carts. Tonight, they got one of the tourist police officers on duty to pose with his gun for a picture with the two Canadian cops in it. They also talked him into taking us out on their patrol later in the evening. We're supposed to go back at 10:00 or 11:00. None of the guys will remember, though.

Once we got back to the hotel, about 10:00, I retired, very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment