Sunday, May 01, 2011

Wandering around Lijiang

Woke up, had a good sleep. Lisa slept for more than 12 hours. We went out for breakfast, then Lisa went back to bed. Lazy bones! I walked to Black Dragon Pool area and hiked up Elephant Hill.


Back to the room, Lisa sound asleep. I had lunch at a restaurant and tried to figure out how to use the advanced functions of my camera and read for a while.


It's not a great day today, overcast and cool.


The guest house does a communal Chinese supper every night, so I partook in that. Lisa didn't, still not feeling well. She (and I) hope she gets better before the hike. She has had travellers diarhea today, so at least we know what it is now. She just needs rest to let her body fight the virus.


After supper, about 8:30, we walked around the old city, hoping it would look awesome all lit up at night, the lanes and the canals. NOPE! Just masses and masses of Chinese tourists, so many human traffic jams are common place. Crazy!


I hit up Freshnam Cafe (same place as last night) for a beer and live music. There's a guy from Toronto performing this weekend. Then headed to bed about 10:00.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear Lisa is under the weather. Hope she recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left the above comment on the May 2nd entry. Hmmm, not sure how it got moved to the May 3rd entry.

    Anyway, happy to hear you have resurfaced ... seven days and no posts; needless to say, I was getting a little anxious, ha.

    ReplyDelete