Monday, May 09, 2011

Panda's

Up early, I didn't sleep well, because I was concerned my alarm wouldn't go off and I would miss the panda trip.


I ordered breakfast the night before, so my meusli breakfast was ready when I went downstairs shortly after 7:00am.


Left for the panda's at 7:30, about 25 of us altogether, a big group.


It was less than inspiring, actually panda's do nothing but eat bamboo all day, so all we saw was panda after panda after panda being lazy, sitting on their ass eating bamboo. Panda's have the digestive system of a carnivore, but because they eat just bamboo, they receive very little nutritionj from it, which is why they eat so much of it.


On the flip side, the panda center seemed nice, and the bears had lots of room and seemed very well taken care of.


Near the end, we saw some young pandas playing with human volunteers. The youngsters have more energy, so it was a bit more interesting to watch for a bit.


Back to the hostel around noon, I checked out, had lunch, then took the metro to the north train station for my 2:50pm train.


Train ride uneventful, and I headed to bed before the 10:00pm lights out.

No comments:

Post a Comment