Saturday, May 07, 2011

Bye to Lisa

Lisa got up early to go for a run (she's training for the half marathon on the Great Wall)i. I got up later, picked up my train ticket from downstairs, showered and waited for Lisa. She got lost running, but made it back about 10:30. After she showered, we headed to Salvador's for an awesome breakfast. We walked around, then at 1:30, Lisa took off and headed back to the hostel, then to the airport.


I have a train to catch at 8:20 this evening, butwasn't really motivated to do anything. When I have a bus or train or plane to catch, I never really have any motivation to do anything.


Walked through an electronics store near the university. They were on me like fleas to a dog or flies to ketchup, whatever the saying is. Then walked through the university campus, then along a high-end shopping street (pedestrian friendly), which had all the high-end shops you might find in any western city. So many people milling about. There were also little kids singing in the street for donations.


At the main square, a little girl (maybe 10) ran up to me with an armful of newspapers and said to me, in perfect english. "Excuse me mister, would you like to buy a newspaper?" I replied no thanks, and said I couldn't read Chinese. She replied "Well, you could look at the pictures!" Haha. I chuckled at that and said no anyway.


Then to two old pagoda's (East Pagoda and West Pagoda), then sat in the shade and watched a dog chase a golfball, some teenagers playing soccer and some kids on bikes and a skateboard typer thing.


Went to a cafe and used internet for a while, then to Salvator's for supper, back to hostel, got my bags and got a taxi to the train station and got my 8:20pm train. 10:00pm and lights out. I felt like I was in a prison, the old, stern train lady was the prison warden barking at everyone to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment