Friday, May 06, 2011

Day Bus to Kunming

Up at 7:30, went to KFC for a quick breakfast (it was the only place open), then headed to the bus station for our 9:00am bus.


Bus ride uneventful, but long (over 8 hours), however I enjoyed it much more than the night sleeper bus we took earlier. I just watched China unfold for 8 hours.


Got to Kunming around 5:30 and hopped in a taxi to take us to Kunming Cloudland Youth Hostel. It was full, but they called another YHA hostel and got us a room there. We walked to the other hostel (it's a dive), got checked in, then I had them book me an overnight train to Chengdu for tomorrow night (248 RMB). I got a hard sleeper, middle bed.


Lisa and me headed to Salvador's, a pub/restaurant catering to westerners. It was odd to see all the white people crowded around this little place, surrounded by a see of Chinese.


Had supper and a few beers, then walked around Green Lake Park for a bit, then back to the hostel and to bed.


Phrases I've learned from Lisa:
Ting boo dong (I don't understand)
Shey Shey (Thank you)
Nee How (Hello)


Also learned some numbers.


Ting boo dong is the most often used.

No comments:

Post a Comment